What Sets Us Apart
Neighborhood Development Company (“NDC”) is a triple-bottom-line real estate development company. We believe that the goal of making profits must be balanced with the concerns of our people and the health of our planet. NDC employs a methodical development strategy that consistently achieves attractive investor returns while prioritizing the needs and concerns of our local communities and incorporates leading-edge sustainable elements into every one of our projects.
Legacy of Reliability
Founded in 1999 by D.C. resident, Adrian Washington, NDC is a 100% minority-owned company. Under Adrian’s leadership, the NDC team has successfully navigated the challenges of multiple real estate cycles, political disruption, and social change. NDC has an unbroken track record of success in partnering with financial partners, private owners, local governments, and communities to create innovative projects that stand the test of time.
Team of Excellence
NDC’s team of professionals is experienced in all areas of commercial development and investment strategies. To date, NDC has completed over one million square feet of commercial and residential developments, retained ownership of over a quarter-million square feet, and has a development pipeline of over one million square feet.
NDC has won numerous awards over the years including:
- 2021 Best of Washington Awards: Social Workers & Services
- Inc. Magazine – America’s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies
- Washington Business Journal – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, DC’s 100 Top Private Companies
- Black Enterprise Magazine – BE 100 Top Black-Owned Businesses
Adrian Washington, CEO, and Founder has been the recipient of many honors and awards for his leadership in the industry. In addition, his thought leadership has been recognized and featured in the news on many occasions.
- Consistently provide above-market returns to investors
- Create properties that transform neighborhoods
- Design innovative solutions in real estate development
- Focuses on financial, social, and environmental measures for sustainability
We control all elements of development in-house, including design, development, marketing, and management of our products. The integrated practices of NDC come together to help us better understand what our customers want. The result? Happier customers, better neighborhoods, and more successful investments.